1. What is happyME?
happyME is the Customer Engagement Program of the FUCOM Group.
2. What are the membership benefits?
- A totally Card-less program, so no headache of carrying any card
- Free membership for life with no expiry
- No transaction required to become a member
- Group and Family Memberships are allowed
- Points earned even on the vouchers that you earn as rewards when you spend them
- Warranties on your phone
- Creating shopping lists on your phone
- The chance to earn points even during sales and promotions
- Exclusive offers, including special invitations to in-store activities and other exciting offers
3. How do I become a Member?
There are two different ways to enroll in the program:
- Through the Mobile App
- Through online registration at www.happyme.club
Anyone can become a member, including all FUCOM staff, through any of the above-mentioned ways. You can start collecting points on each and every purchase you make through happyME.
All smartphone owners can download the App through the Google Play or Apple Play store by typing ‘happyME app’. The accepted versions of software are Google 4.4, iOS 9 and newer versions. Once you download the App, you can activate your virtual card by registering it, and can start collecting points immediately on your purchases.
You can go online, download the App and become a member.
What are the mandatory fields I have to give for my registration?
The mandatory fields are:
Name, Family name, Mobile number, Email address, Nationality and Gender.
4. Is there a minimum spend amount or a joining fee required to become a member?
No, membership to happyME is free for life. Just download our App or join us online through our website, and you're ready to enjoy the program.
5. Can I have more than one account?
You can have only one individual account.
6. What about the Family/Group membership, how does that work?
- Family membership is open only to smartphone users
- Maximum number of people in a Group/Family is 4
- The main administrator in each group can add members by sending an invitation through the App. Once accepted, they join the Group/Family.
- Individual points are added to the group while joining
- Group members can create shopping lists and share it among each other
- The voucher will only be given to the administrator of the group
- If you would like to delete any member from your group, you will have to call the Customer Service number and inform them or email email@example.com and the necessary action will be taken. It will take 24 hours for the request to be activated.
- All members need to accept the terms and conditions of the group program to be a part of the group
7. Can I be a part of more than one Group?
No, you can only be a part of one Group at one time.
8. What are the benefits of the membership?
You earn points every time you spend with us. The points are converted into vouchers, which can be redeemed at specific times every year.
How do I earn rewards?
The happyME customer engagement program allows you to earn 1 point for every AED 1 spent when making qualifying purchases at participating FUCOM Stores in the United Arab Emirates.
In order to collect points, the smart card must be presented at the checkout before payment, and the points will immediately be added to their account.
9. How soon can I have my points credited to my account? Or how soon can I see my points in my account?
On a smartphone you can see it in near real time.
10. Can I collect points without my Virtual Card?
No you cannot collect any points unless you have a virtual card. It’s a security feature against misuse and therefore must be presented during the checkout for smartphones.
11. Am I charged for the SMS when I send one?
Yes, every time you send us an SMS, you are charged as per the SMS provider you are using.
12. What if I want to see my transactions to know how I have earned my points?
If you have a smartphone, you can see the last 10 transactions on your App. If not, just go to your account on the website and you can see the same information. Simple and easy.
13. How do I get the Warranty on my App?
- When you buy anything with a Warranty on it, the Cashier will give you a yellow Warranty Card
- In your App, there is a Transactions section, which has your My Warranty section
- Once you buy a product, which has a Warranty on it, the details of it appear on the app when you pay for it at the cashier
- After that, you need to take a picture of Warranty Card and the same will be stored in the App
- If you ever need to give the product for any service, you can show the Warranty on happyME and the same will be accepted
- The terms and conditions of the Warranty are on the App itself for you to refer to
14. What is ‘Refer a friend’?
‘Refer a friend’ is another unique offering of happyME.
- If you want to refer a friend to this program, you need to give that friend or family member your referral number
- Once they have registered with your referral code and made a purchase in any of the happyME stores, they will get rewarded 200 points and in turn so will you
- There is no limit to the number of referrals you can give
- The Company can change the rules for referrals at their discretion at any time
15. What is the Shopping List?
- happyME allows you to create a shopping list on the App itself. So you don’t need to carry shopping notes or long lists in your bag
- The good thing about the Shopping list is that if you are part of a Group, you can share the list with the group members, so even if you forget anything, you can always ask another member to pick it up
- You can transfer items to the shopping list from your transactions
16. Are there any exceptions on which I don’t earn points?
Members cannot earn points when purchasing the following items: gift cards, tobacco, watches, Jewellery, checkout bags (plastic), existing (extended warranty) Nol, Salik, Etisalat, Du cards, Home Delivery and future services.
17. How do I redeem my vouchers?
- happyME Vouchers are given every 3 months starting from Jan 2017. The months would be Jan, Apr, Jul and Oct.
- Vouchers points are calculated till the last date of the previous month ie 31st December, 31sr March, 30th June and 30th September.
- Minimum points required to get a voucher is 2500 which is equivalent to AED 25.
- If the points are lesser than 2500 they will be rolled over to the next round of vouchers.
- All vouchers will be given in whole numbers e.g. AED 25, 26, 27 etc. Any point’s values which is in fractions will be rolled over to the next round of vouchers
- Smartphone users can avail their voucher from the happyME app which they can use by getting the voucher scanned at the time of checking out at any store. The non-smartphone users can access their voucher from their account on the happyME website (the voucher needs to be printed and used by getting the printed voucher scanned at the time of checking out at our store).
18. What is the validity of my voucher?
- The voucher is valid for 90 days after which it expires.
- If the points are lesser than 2500 for a year, they expire.
19. Is there any exception to the expiry rule?
No there is no exception to the expiry rule for anyone.
20. Can someone else use my voucher?
- Vouchers are non-transferable, except in a Group on the happyME app, where the admin can transfer it to any 1 member if they wish too.
- The voucher is non- transferable on a non-smart phone account.
21. Do I earn points on my vouchers or when I spend them?
Yes you do. So as a member you are always earning!
22. What are the rules for Coupons for happyME?
- Coupons are valid for a period mentioned on them at issuance or till stocks last.
- All coupons can be used only once
- The coupons are valid only on specific products as mentioned.
- The product and the coupon needs to be presented together to avail the offer at the check-out counter.
- These offers are only open to happyME members with the app.
- The coupons cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Happy Coupons will be given to Members who have enrolled till 31st December 2016 only.
- There are no happy Coupons for Non smartphone users.
23. Can I modify the information I have given during membership?
Yes you can do the same at any time on the App or web portal.
24. What happens if I lose my phone?
If you lose your phone but the number remains the same then you just download the app again and all your details will remain the same. In case you have a new number, you just update it on your profile page on the App or online.
25. If I travel or don’t use my membership continuously or for a long period of time does it get cancelled or de-activated?
Membership for happyME is for life. Once you become a member, you always remain a member.
26. What happens if I cannot access my membership on my App or website?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will assist you and ensure you get access to your account.
27. What if I am missing points?
The chances of such a situation arising are very rare, but if it does happen, please email us your receipts or bring them to customer care in any of the branches and they will be uploaded on your account once the proof has been confirmed.
28. What if I don’t collect points at the cash counter, can I collect it later with my receipt?
No, points can only be collected when you make your payment at the store.
29. What if I don’t get vouchers at the end of a 3-month period?
The reason you would not receive a voucher is if:
- You have not spent the necessary amount in the 3 months or
- You are traveling and the voucher has not reached you due to network issues or
- If your phone is not working
30. Is there a minimum age limit to becoming a member?
Yes the minimum age limit is 13 years.
31. What is the return policy on the program?
Items have to be returned as per the return policy of Géant and the points will be deducted pro rata. For a smart phone you need to present your e-receipt or paper receipt with your virtual card at customer services desk. Non smart phone you need to have your receipt with you.
Non smart phone you need to have your receipt with you.
32. Do I need an internet connection to use the App?
You need an internet connection to download the happyME App, see your points and for Transactions and Group Services. However, on the POS when you are paying for the virtual card, no internet connection is needed.
33. The App asks for personal information. What about my privacy?
Your privacy is important to us. We restrict access to non-public personal information about our members and maintain strict procedural safeguards to protect it.
34. Where can I find the terms and conditions for the membership?
Please look into the Terms and Conditions on the happyME app, website or leaflets within the stores.
35. What if I forget my password?
The same can be reset on the App or online by following the simple steps outlined.